The Global Special Operations Forces (SOF) Foundation (GSF) is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that aims to build and grow an international network of military, government, commercial, and educational stakeholders in order to advance SOF capabilities and partnerships to confront global and networked threats.
FY21 Areas of Focus
With our opportunities to engage in person limited for FY2021 due to the Coronavirus, we are doubling our efforts on digital engagement and educating policymakers on SOF issues.
We’ve released our Areas of Focus to keep our Network active, strong, and connected!
Plus, don’t miss our “home” video where the whole staff shares each Area of Focus:
FOCUS #1 – EDUCATE STAKEHOLDERS
- We will continue to educate policymakers on the SOF issues highlighted in our annual SOF Imperatives document
- We will move forward with the planning impactful events for our Members, Partners, and Advisors–whether virtually or in-person
FOCUS #2 – SHARE SOF STORIES
- We will continue to publish episodes of our SOFspot Podcast
- We have launched “SOF Stories from Quarantine”–video interviews about SOF events in history
FOCUS #3 – ENGAGE VIRTUALLY
- We will execute Virtual Learning Opportunities & Capabilities Demonstrations for our Corporate Partners & Members
- We will host Virtual Huddles for our Partners and Members to network in a time of social distancing
FOCUS #4 – SUPPORT SOF TRANSITION
- We are supporting The Honor Foundation’s Virtual Transition Course and working to plan more SOF for Life Seminars virtually
- We have relaunched the SOF for Life Job Board with civilian careers well-suited for military Veterans
FOCUS #5 – STRENGTHEN THE NETWORK
- We will participate in at-home fitness events and challenges, inviting our network to join in and compete
- We will continue to build our community by adding new individual Members and Corporate Partners